Lapis Photo Contest 2011 Guidelines
Since the first LAPIS issue was published exactly 35 years ago, the small micro cosmos of mineral and gemstone friends has undergone dramatic changes, as did the entire world around. LAPIS was among the first to go online with its website more than 15 years ago, at a time when only very few visionaries could imagine the importance of the Internet on the entire mineral business. In 2011 thousands of collectors worldwide are connected through Facebook with the numbers increasing steadily. To celebrate the 35th anniversary of LAPIS, we invite photographers for the first “Lapis Online Photo Contest”. Join and win valuable material and cash prizes, and maybe your photo gets to be a LAPIS cover shot.
1. How it works
You can send us max. 3 of you best pictures to email@example.com. We´ll upload your pictures at lapis.de (in the contest category) and on facebook.com (on the lapis.de fanpage). As a facebook user you can "like" and discuss the pictures. The number of Facebook “like” impacts the rating, however, is not the determining factor.
Online submissions of your photos can be uploaded starting November 1st 2011 until December 31st 2011. Photos submitted after December 31st 2011 will not be considered. The winners will be named and contacted by the end of February 2012.
3. Maximum Number of Submissions
Submission is limited to a maximum of three photos per participant. Photographers submitting more than three photos will be disqualified from the photo contest.
The participant must be the photographer and copyright holder of the photos. • The photos must be submitted in the highest possible resolution. The photos may not have been published previously online and/or print.
The editorial staff of LAPIS will judge all submissions and announce the winners by February 29th, 2012. The number of Facebook “like” impacts the rating, however, is not the determining factor.
• With the submission of photos, the photographer grants LAPIS a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to publish the photo in Facebook, the Mineral Magazine Lapis and/or on the website www.lapis.de • Only online submissions for the LAPIS Photo Contest through the following E-Mail adress are eligible: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos shared will be properly credited to their photographers based on the information provided in your E-Mail. Submissions mail or any manual submission process will not be considered for the contest.
• 1st price: A guided collecting trip to Upper Tauern (Austria) or Surselva (Switzerland)* or a 350.00 € voucher for the LAPIS online shop as alternative.
• 2nd price: A 350.00 € voucher for the LAPIS online shop.
• 3rd price: the latest book of Berthold Ottens: Indien―Mineralien, Fundorte, Lagerstätten
• 4rd to 10 st price: Choose 1 extraLapis issue for free (without issues out of print)
The collecting trips include travel arrangements from Munich to the destination and lodging. The exact destination will be determined in consultation with and according the interest and physical abilities of the winner. We reserve the right to cancel the collecting trip due to lack of alpine experience of the winner, inclement weather, etc.). In this case, the 350.00 € voucher for the LAPIS online shop will be effective.